TISANE & HERBAL TEAS
Throughout our large and varied range of quality teas, we. have a large number that are categorized as ‘herbal’ or ‘fruit teas’. These teas can also be considered as ‘Tisane’. The word tisane in fact dates back to first use in 14th century Anglo-French, derived from Latin ‘ptisana’. They don’t contain tea leaves; instead, tisanes are made with herbs, spices, flowers, roots, and other aromatics. Throughout history, tisanes have been used as health elixirs, sacred drinks, and celebratory beverages.
‘True teas’ on the other hand are simply those teas, whether black, green, yellow, Oolong, and white teas which originate from the singular tea shrub named Camellia Sinensis. There are many hundreds if not thousands of ‘Cultivars’ of the tea shrub. The native plant Camellia Sinensis was largely found in East Asia, the Indian Subcontinent, and Southeast Asia. Nowadays, tea is being grown in many other countries that have something of a tropical climate – in fact there are a few companies with relatively small tea estates/plantations in South Carolina in the US.
Both true teas and tisanes or herbal infusions have been around for thousands of years and have many health benefits associated with them! The many flavored blends are a relatively recent trend in the industry but a very welcome one, a flavor or taste for everyone…
Showing 1–12 of 23 results
- Herbal Cranberry Orange (Loose Leaf) combines cranberri...$1550 Buy now
- Honeybush, lemongrass, lemon myrtle, rose hips, eucalyp...$1650 Buy now
- It is seldom found that two partners form such a perfec...$1750 Buy now
- Organic South African red bush. (Aspalathus linearis) A...$1600 Buy now
- The Coach & Horses Tea Emporium’s Cacao Rose ...$1500 Buy now
- A “super” fruit tea offering a harmonious cup witho...$1695 Buy now
- Cacao Peppermint tea (Loose Leaf) offers the deeply lay...$1500 Buy now
- Is there anyone who does not know this Mulled wine punc...$1800 Buy now
- Cacao Bliss (Loose Leaf) is made up of rich, organic ca...$1500 Buy now
- One of the Coach and Horses signature teas. A true quee...$1750 Buy now
- South African Honeybush (Loose Leaf) is considered the ...$1500 Buy now
- This heavenly, fruity, spicy, sweet composition is made...$1650 Buy now
Buying For A Friend or Loved One?
If you can’t find what your want, why not try a gift card instead?