The Coach & Horses Tea Emporium offers world class black teas from a number of countries, but primarily from India. There are three main tea producing regions, which are Assam, Darjeeliing and Nilgiri.
Assam is the world’s single largest tea growing region. These teas are prized for their rich, malty, robust cup character. They make great breakfast teas and go well with milk. Assam teas with gold tips in them are of the finest quality.
Darjeeling is often called the “Champagne of Teas.” The Darjeeling district, with its high altitudes and heavy mists, are located in the foothills of the Himalayas. Darjeeling’s three harvests each year, are termed First Flush, Second Flush and Autumnal Flush. The First Flush teas are known yield a greenish cup and exquisite aroma. The Second Flush teas are more robust with muscatel notes and superb aromas. Autumnal teas, produced following the monsoon rains, are similar in character to Second Flush teas.
Nilgiri is referred to as the Southern Darjeeling. Nilgiri – literally translated means “Blue Mountain.” It is the most spectacular mountain range in southern India. Nilgiri teas produce brisk and bright flavors, with a very fragrant aroma.
Showing 61–72 of 78 results
- Keemun Congou (Loose Leaf) yields mild smokiness notes ...$1550 Buy now
- A fruity and aromatic blend of brisk Darjeeling black t...$1850 Buy now
- Intense fruity flavors of local plums are united with s...$1695 Buy now
- A classic blend of Organic Indian and Chinese teas with...$1525 Buy now
- An aged Pu-Erh tea with ginger root and orange peel. A ...$1750 Buy now
- Our Mandarin Chai with Anise is a sweet and spicy brew ...$1500 Buy now
- This traditional chai drink combines black tea, crushed...$1650 Buy now
- This is a great black tea, with a deep and complex flav...$1650 Buy now
- Lapsang Souchong Black (Loose Leaf) has a bold smoky fl...$1750 Buy now
- Chinese Tea, Black tea and jasmine flowers with vanilla...$1650 Buy now
- This is an outstanding creation with an excellent base ...$1695 Buy now
- A blend of hearty and rich black teas, great with milk....$1525 Buy now
Buying For A Friend or Loved One?
If you can’t find what your want, why not try a gift card instead?